Happy Valentine's Day

Roses are red, violet's are blue, I have baked a special valentine just for you! Valentine's Day is February 14th.
























Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Search

What recipe is the BEST?
The chocolate chip cookie is noted to be the most popular cookie. The most infamous is Nestle's, Toll-House chocolate chip cookie, which is what I usually bake. It got me thinking though. I've seen different variations of the recipe. Usually the variation highlights a company's product or ingredient to use (i.e. Hershey, Land O Lakes, Crisco etc.) within the recipe. This makes me a little suspect. So, I'm on a mission and need your help!

Please comment with or send me (cccookie@pressdough.com) your chocolate chip cookie recipe that you feel is the best. The only requirement is that the ingredients need to be somewhat mainstream and available at most grocer's markets. I'm up for anything, from healthy to sinful. Stay tuned because, after each recipe, I'll review the cookie using Nestle's Toll House cookie as my baseline. Each recipe will be critiqued using the following:

Texture: crispy or chewy, crunchy or soft
Chocolate factor (from 1 to 5, 1 being the least chocolatey)
Healthy or sinful (based on ingredients)
Yum scale (from 1 to 5, 1 being the least yummy, 5+ being off the charts YUMMY!)
Yuk scale - hopefully not, but I have to consider the possibility
Timeline - February 14th will be the announcement (if I get enough entries)
Neighborhood Review/focus group- Don't take my word for it, I'll be handing them out to my neighbors for their opinion.

On your mark, get set, go.....

No comments:

Award Winning Cookie Cutter and Kit