Happy New Year!
Get motivated for some baking! January is the perfect month to nestle yourself in the kitchen, try out some new cookie recipes and have fun. Here are some cookie facts from faqfood.com to get you started:
- Testing out cake batter and oven temperatures, ancient bakers created the cookie by placing a small amount of batter on a sheet and baking that first.
- Chocolate chip cookies are the most popular kind of cookie in the United States (tip: good to keep this in mind when baking for others).
- Cookies are best either fresh out of the oven (warm) or the day after they are baked. Waiting a day lets the flavors absorb with each other.
- If you seal up freshly baked cookies, they will retain too much moisture and fall apart.
2010 Cookie Talk Blog Resolutions:
- Post more often
- Share new cookie recipes
- Increase participation and information exchange (please leave a comment with an inquiry, suggestion, or recipe exchange)
- Talk about baking experiences and old wives tales (that actually work).
- Review gadgets for baking (Have a gadget for me to review, send me an email?)